Bullying is a serious offence and should not be taken lightly at any cost. If you are facing troubles with anyone in your community or school and are being bullied by someone, you need to understand that there is support all around you. You just need to reach out.
Bullying leaves an emotional and physical scar on people. Students have reported symptoms such as lack of sleep, difficulty in coping with studies, and, in worse situations, absence from school.
You need to know that there is nothing wrong with you. The person who bullies wants to prove his dominance over others to make themselves feel superior. In fact, they were most likely to be bullied once. Hence, they are repeating the acts on others.
What to Do When Someone Bullies You?
While taking the help of authorities is the best way to go with, sometimes, you have to take the first step yourself in order to stop such activities –
- Take a stand for yourself. Do not get physical or verbal. Just act unaffected and do not be scared by them.
- Appear brave in the situation when they try to scare you.
- Try to avoid or ignore the bully altogether.
- Assert yourself and state why you do not like their behaviour.
- Find a good company to hang out with and avoid those who avoid you.