Parents are always the first line of defence for a child. No matter what the situation is, a parent will always try to justify his child’s actions and defend even the negative behaviours. This can lead to a very sad situation if your child is bullying his fellow classmates.
Bullying not only affects the victim of the attack, but it also sets a negative behaviour in the mind of the perpetrator. Studies have shown that children who bully others at a young age often get involved in criminal activities in the future.
This situation is grave because neither the parents nor children are ready to accept and understand this situation at ease. As a parent, here is what you need to do –
- Teach them values such as empathy and respect.
- Understand their situation and teach them better ways to express themselves.
- Children more than often learn from their parents. So, maintain a peaceful environment at home.
- Spend more time with them and try to correct their behaviours whenever possible.
- Participate in counselling sessions and interact with the teachers on a regular basis
- It is only with the dedicated effort of parents that their children can have a better future and life.